Top 5 Mistakes Businesses Make When Selling Gift Cards
Published on Friday, June 7, 2019 by Frederik Van Lierde - 👁️ 987
From my experience, in my previous life as a spa owner which I sold 2 years ago with profit, I understand the importance that gift cards played to the success. At 1 moment, the gift cards reach 27% of the spa's monthly Turn Over.
Let me explain to you some errors @Model.Text
Gift cards can be a goldmine, but only if they’re implemented correctly. If you’re committing any of the following mistakes in your business, do something ASAP. Use the ideas I gave you or email us to get 1h personal consulting (normally £150/h) for your business.
No charge, no subscription, no obligations to become a partner.
1. Not making the cards “gift-ready”Handing out cards without so much as a cardholder or pouch can be a letdown. It takes away the “gift” from gift cards and it doesn’t encourage repeat purchases.
Make your gift cards more presentable by putting them in a box, pouch, or simple cardholder. If you want to take things a step further, attach a bow on each card or put it in a small paper bag
2. Waiting til the holidays or busy shopping seasons to promote gift cardsWhile holidays and special events are the most popular times for buying gift cards, you shouldn’t wait until these busy shopping seasons to offer them.
3. Not investing in gift card marketingYou can’t just offer gift cards and expect customers to suddenly flock to your store to buy them. As with any initiative, you need to invest the time and resources putting your gift card program out there.
Do a search on Google for "massage gift card in London" and you will see no local business is shown, only platforms like Groupon, Truly, Virgin Experience Days.
They all make sure customers come back to them (and not you) by cutting a big % of your profit.
4. Not Visible EnoughOnline I see too many websites adding their gift cards place under their online shop. It's too difficult to find. Place Gift cards visible on every page in the main menu
Offline, place an information board next to the cash registry (there is a good reason why the big shopping malls places gift cards next to the cash registry), at a cool board in the lounge area of your business and in the changing room. Even in the bathrooms.
5. Add Loyalty To Your VouchersProbably the most effective solution Get smart with loyalty on your vouchers. When you have a loyalty program, add the gift card to both the buyer and the receiver. This works like magic with viral effect because not only is the buyer incentivized to come back and get a reduction on future gift voucher purchases for other friends or family members, but the person they bought the voucher for is likely to do the same, for their friends/family, and so on…and so on…
Next StepOnce you have those and your other creative ideas in place, you have to think of getting the word out? (Point 3)
As you have seen, Google Search is showing more & more paid ads, more & more big platforms like Groupon. How do you compete? As I know for sure, you don't have the same marketing budget!
P.s. If you like the idea and you're committed to dramatically increase the sales of your gift cards, by placing your business in front of shoppers at the right moment, at the right time, bypassing the Google and Groupons of the world, we've still got a few £99 (normally £199) solution, used by brands like Hilton, Amani Spa, Ted Baker, Swarovski, Temple Spa,... left this month.
500+ famous & international brands have joined our solution, our mission is to give local businesses the same chance as the "big players"
A guarantee you can't refuse....
This offer is for local business only and we guarantee extra sales of your gift cards within the first month or we reimburse you for 100% or you stay on the platform for free as long as your business is running. Your choice
You can grab it here before they're booked up
Offer valid until June 31, 2019, only 17/100 available